This is the stuff that is seldom talked about but everybody needs to know!
Our aim is to bring you the key principles that must be applied with respect to how your body works, in order for it to keep up with you throughout your lifetime.
You’re going to learn essential education about your body.
Including strategies on:
- how to move more efficiently, impacting your everyday life
- principles and concepts for self-care
- why we fuss about posture
- how your body is actually designed to work for you
- and so much more!!
So whether you’re just getting back into exercising, you’re feeling overwhelmed or frustrated with how your body feels, or looking for to get past a plateau in your training, this education is for you!
We are going to walk you through:
- The problem with exercising without awareness.
- Why we need positive tension: The perfect oxymoron of movement
- What is the job of all our parts?
- How dynamic posture start with breathing
- The hub of all our movement is the Pelvis
- Our hips don’t lie
- Shoulders should be strong and free
- How you should be supporting your body on the ground
- How exercise is linked to real life movements and desires
So whether you’re a weekend warrior, you’re in your golden years looking to keep up with your grandkids, or trying your best to bring more activity or fitness to your life. This bundle of information is going to show you what you need to know about your body.
What areas you may have overlooked in your exercises, and the order in which things should be addressed to get the best results of your exercise efforts.
We haven’t created a quick fix or magic solution to get your body feeling better. We have just put together our way of teaching this information. It’s so important to understand the influence any movement limitations have on your ability to execute commonly performed exercises and learn how subtle changes can help take the load off your system.
You can’t shoot a cannon from a canoe!
Creating awareness in the details of your fitness, rehab and movement efforts will make a lasting change to move better over time.
We won’t be talking about any special gadgets that’ll get you there faster.
But what we are going to talk about is:
- What has worked for our clients in our over 27 years of private practice
- Commonly misunderstood taught practises
- How to know enough about your body to make the best decisions for it
- How to work smarter not harder
- so you can throw just about anything at your body and get out of bed the next day
- How to genuinely trust that your body won’t fail you when you need it.
Feel. Move. Live
PRESENTED BY ANDREA & JAMIE
With a Combined 27+ Years of Movement Therapy, Come Learn, Feel & Be Guided
PreviewWelcome to Body-Prep's Essential Education! (3:51)
PreviewYou Can't Shoot a Cannon From a Canoe (1:33)
PreviewProblem with "Just doing exercises" to feel better (0:33)
StartWhat is your body physically designed to do - for dummies :) (2:49)
StartCommunication is the key to any relationship.
StartWhy the Fuss About Posture? (1:28)
StartDynamic Posture Begins by Breathing Right (1:31)
StartPositive Tension: The Perfect Oxymoron (1:27)
StartThe hub of movement starts at the pelvis (5:06)
StartYour Hips Don't Lie
StartShoulders - what part should ACTUALLY be moving?
StartHow do you support your body on the ground?
StartFocus on What You are Actually Doing!
StartImproving Body Awareness
StartTwo Wrongs Don't Make a Right
StartStop Punishing the Innocent
StartStretching Isn't Always the Answer (1:14)
StartSqueezing a Muscle Doesn't Make it Function (1:23)
StartQuality vs. Quantity
StartWe All Just Need To Chill Out (1:22)
StartNo Pain, No Gain: Are Your Exercise Efforts Causing You to Suffer?
StartTight Doesn't Mean Strong & Functional - Pelvic Floor Tension (MEN & WOMEN)
StartCrunches Don't Strengthen Your Core (1:08)
StartThe Problem with Flattening your Back!
StartNo! Locking your shoulders down and back, or using posture braces DOES NOT help your posture!
StartThe Solution to Building a Proper Foundation